Simple Bulletin Board & Bookshelf Makeover

Before: damaged bulletin board that was given to me
(Not pictured: large old oak wood frame found at Goodwill for $6 & Ikea MARKÖR (light brown) bookshelves)

1. Spray painted oak frame with black gloss.
Used paint sprayer with Behr black semi-gloss to paint bookshelves.

2. Covered board with Better Home & Garden fabric from JoAnn that was on clearance. Used staple gun to secure fabric

3. Inserted bulletin board into back of frame. It was a perfect fit that I didn't even plan.

The framed bulletin board is a finishing touch to our office, school room, craft room.......multi-purpose room. I hope to show a more finished photo soon.


I'm planning on skirting the desk and have a blank adjoining wall (painted Lettuce Alone) that needs some help. Any ideas are welcomed!

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Great job! I came from ASPTL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the green...So cute! Way to go!
    ~Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing! I so love green and black! I am doing these colors in my kitchen! Amazing redo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color choices...my kind of style! Have a blessed weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turned out beautiful - love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't take full credit for the color scheme. My eldest who is 14 has helped decorate/design. She has always enjoyed decorating. She used to rearrange all of my home decor. My husband and I called her, Hildie (an old designer on HGTV that had CRAZY deor projects).

    ~ Nicole, I'll keep a look out for your kitchen.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That turned out beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

+AJPM+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...