It's That Time Again......

.....RE-ORGANIZE! 

I have a long to do list.  My first job to tackle will be the File Crate System.  I became aware of this system from By Sun and Candlelight

I plan to make use of items I have around the house.  However, I did manage to splurge on cute file folders.  Michael's has a pack of 4 file folders in their $1 spot.  They offered some cute red & black toile patterned folders back in Christmas for $.50/4.  I was hoping to pick up some packs with coordinating accessories.  Needless to say, I was a day late and dollar short.  However, they did have a cute selection at regular price. 

I purchased 13 packs.  Each pack contained 4 folders and was only $1.  Mr. gave me approval to make the purchase.  After all was said and done, I spent $18 on folders and accessories.  I spent a bit more than I had anticipated but I know all the cute items will help me stay motivated to keep organized!  I hope to add coordinating accessories over time.

I labeled my folders with the month & day of the week for the entire year.  I haven't decided if I'm going to start anew at the beginning of the school year (in Aug-Sept 2010) or wait for the new calendar year (Jan. 2011).

I used the decorative post-its that I found at Michael's.  I adhered them to the files with double stick tape.


I had a cute wooden milk crate stored away in my garage.  I purchased it years ago at Target on clearance for $3.  I have a set of 3 that I used in my previous home's kitchen nook. 

I inserted a green folder in the bottom of the crate to prevent my files from slipping trough the slates.

I plan to keep the FCS on my kitchen counter near the desk.  It is visible and accessible.  Most of all, it is the safest place from little hands.

OK, I tried the counter but I'm favoring the desk.  We'll see how the desk works out for now.  There is a cabinet nearby (on the left) that I use for junk storage.  Once, it is cleaned out I can use it for quick storage of the FCS when company comes and I want a clean look.

I added my $10 Goodwill find, the Ballard Designs organizer.  The magnetic notepad is on the organizer and all the other accessories are at hand.

I plan to keep posting photos of my FCS as I tweak it.

6 comments:

  1. Cool! I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole look! The coordinated folders are wonderful. You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I just had to leave another comment to tell you what a great blog you have. I just found it today from your comment at Dawn's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! I would go to Goodwill every day if I could... but I share a car with my husband, so I don't go as often as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Beautiful and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks pretty and organized! I love using pretty folders too.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

+AJPM+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...