I purged during my Lenten cleaning but there were some items I held onto in the case of “what-if.” This was one of those items, a spinning spice rack.
I purchased this about 4 years ago from Costco and barley used it. I tried to give it away to two homes. I didn’t have any takers.
It sat at my kitchen island for about 2 weeks. Finally, I had an epiphany as I was going through my glass tile stuff .
this is how my craft storage usually looks
I decided to keep the spice rack and turn it into a craft caddy for my glass tile necklace supplies.
I dumped the old spices and soaked the containers for days. I began to use the caddy for my tile storage but did not complete the decoration process.
I thought I would wait until I took a trip to a craft store for cute paper. Needless to say, I never made it and am no longer enthused about spending money for stuff thanks to one of my Lenten sacrifices.
I found left over paper from this project and decided to get her done. Thanks, Amy for your promptings.
Supplies: decorative paper, Mod Podge, scissors, foam brush, nail file
this is a bonus....a little helper!
1. Trace lid onto decorative paper
2. Fold and cut traced area for the number of cutouts needed
3. Brush a light coat of Mod Podge on the top of the lid
4. Adhere the decorative cut out
5. File the edges around the lid for a clean look (This is my favorite step. It gives the project a custom look.)
6. Brush a light coat of Mod Podge over the decorative paper
You can repeat step six as many times as you like.
Here’s the finished project.