Crafting for FREE!

I did a quick craft today while the kids were upstairs doing this…..

I purged during my Lenten cleaning but there were some items I held onto in the case of “what-if.” This was one of those items, a spinning spice rack.



I purchased this about 4 years ago from Costco and barley used it. I tried to give it away to two homes. I didn’t have any takers.


It sat at my kitchen island for about 2 weeks. Finally, I had an epiphany as I was going through my glass tile stuff .
this is how my craft storage usually looks

I decided to keep the spice rack and turn it into a craft caddy for my glass tile necklace supplies.

I dumped the old spices and soaked the containers for days. I began to use the caddy for my tile storage but did not complete the decoration process.

I thought I would wait until I took a trip to a craft store for cute paper. Needless to say, I never made it and am no longer enthused about spending money for stuff thanks to one of my Lenten sacrifices.


I found left over paper from this project and decided to get her done. Thanks, Amy for your promptings.

Supplies: decorative paper, Mod Podge, scissors, foam brush, nail file
this is a bonus....a little helper!

1. Trace lid onto decorative paper

2. Fold and cut traced area for the number of cutouts needed

3. Brush a light coat of Mod Podge on the top of the lid


4. Adhere the decorative cut out

5. File the edges around the lid for a clean look (This is my favorite step. It gives the project a custom look.)


6. Brush a light coat of Mod Podge over the decorative paper
You can repeat step six as many times as you like.

Here’s the finished project.






7 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! And those necklaces are really pretty! Now you have all your supplies right at your fingertips =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea! I love the polka dots too!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea...looks great!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m having a GIVEAWAY…come by and check it out…I think you will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice idea, I'll do this at home too i got a lot of bottle, jar and an old spice rack at home. A little of creativity and some material you'll have a very stylish storage rack in a result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I don't have a spice rack but if I find one at a yard sale I'll definitely buy one!

    ReplyDelete

+AJPM+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...