The Most Holy Rosary

OLPompeii

The Church celebrates the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary on October 7. This commemorates the day in 1571 when Christian forces defeated the Turkish (Moslem) fleet in a sea battle at Lepanto, off the western coast of Greece. St. Pope Pius V had asked all Christians to pray the Rosary for victory.

OurLadyRosarytrad

The contemplation of the Virgin Mary, her privileges, and the favors she bestows on her children was considered a joy exceeding all other joys. It was this joyful piety of the "Hail, Our Lady" that gave the name of the Rosary. ~ The Origin of the Rosary

The Rosary, though clearly Marian in character, is at heart a Christocentric prayer. In the sobriety of its elements, it has all the depth of the Gospel message in its entirety, of which it can be said to be a compendium.(2) It is an echo of the prayerof Mary, her perennial Magnificat for the work of the redemptive Incarnation which began in her virginal womb. With the Rosary, the Christian people sits at the school of Mary and is led to contemplate the beauty on the face of Christ and to experience the depths of his love. Through the Rosary the faithful receive abundant grace, as though from the very hands of the Mother of the Redeemer.  ~ Pope John Paul II, apostolic letter The Rosary of the Virgin Mary

saint card

 

RESOURCES

Pompeii The Conversion of Blessed Bartolo Longo by Fr. Daniels or the story of Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompeii.

"Mary, Mother of Jesus, and my Mother

~ Mother Teresa

You were the first one to hear Jesus cry, "I Thirst."
You know how real, how deep is His longing
for me and for the poor.
I am yours – the whole MC Family is yours -
Teach me; bring me face to face
with the love in the Heart of Jesus Crucified.

With your help, Mother Mary,
I will listen to Jesus' Thirst
and it will be for me a Word of Life.

Standing near you, I will give Him my love,
and I will give Him the chance to love me,
and so be the cause of your joy
and so to satiate Jesus' Thirst for Love of souls.”

AMEN

           european or lady of the rosary Mexican - Our Lady of the Rosary with Saints, 18th century

No comments:

Post a Comment

+AJPM+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...