Piety Pins were the main craft for my last Little Flowers meeting. The girls loved the pins and were excited to share them. Many of the girls gave their pin to a loved one.
- multi-colored beads - ($3.99/bag) divide beads by color
- silver beads - ($2.99/bag) used as spacers
- jewelry/butterfly/french pins - found at JoAnn's in the bead dept. ($1.99/pack)
- saint medal - ($.32 – $.60/medal)
- straighten the safety pin
- thread the beads directly onto the safety pin. be sure that all the beads are pushed to the back side of the needle so that the side with the sharp end is without beads, free to be threaded into clothing.
- open the top ring of the medal and place the the medal onto the beaded pin.
- bend back the pin to its original form.
This craft coordinates with Father Lasance’s Colors of Piety.
the possibilities are endless!
The Colors Of Piety
Rosy Red: Zeal in hearing Mass
Scarlet Orange: Works of Charity
Bright Gold: Practice of Frequently Raising the Heart to God
Verdant Green: Sanctification of Sunday
Celestial Blue: Fervor in Prayer (daily prayers)
Violet: Self-Denial (make sacrifices and learn to be obedient)
White: Pious actions (the Rosary, the Scapular, and Eucharistic Adoration)