This ornament was made for our last Little Flowers meeting. It is in honor of Mary, the Miraculous Medal, St. Catherine Laboure and humility.
- Tacky Glue (it’s thick and will not run)
- Ornament Ball (we used plastic balls found at the Dollar Spot at target)
- Sharpie (for free hand transfer)
- Ornament hook
- slightly cut the top of the glue tip. do not expose the hole.
- stick a pin through the tip to create a small hole/opening for the glue.
this step will ensure that the glue will not come out too quickly or create blobs.
- trim transfer image
- tape transfer image, face down to ornament
- rub pencil on back of transfer
- trace over the transferred imaged to give you a more defined image
- freehand the image onto the ornament using a Sharpie
trace the transfer image with glue
generously cover the glue image with glitter (we used rolled painters tape to secure the ornament and prevent rolling while the girls glittered their ornament)
tap the ornament until all the excess glitter is removed
let dry. insert ornament hook. embellish the ornament with a coordinating ribbon.
Back Side of the Miraculous Medal (Ornament)
The cross can symbolize Christ and our redemption, with the bar under the cross a sign of the earth. The “M” stands for Mary, and the interleaving of her initial and the cross shows Mary’s close involvement with Jesus and our world. In this we see Mary’s part in our salvation and her role as mother of the Church.
“Now it must be given to the whole world and to every person.” ~ Blessed Mother