These bracelets were made for our last Little Flower’s meeting ~ St. Agnes & Love of God. The girls were thrilled to have an edible craft and motivated* to find new ways to show & grow in their Love of God.
I found my inspiration from Brown Paper Packages.
- candy hearts ($1.99/bag. ea bag yields 4 - 8 piece bracelets)
- dental floss ($0.88/55 yards of floss. 55 yards yields 30+ bracelets)
- needle, with large eye ($0.97/18 needles)
- ribbon ($0.57/yard. 16 yards needed for 30 bracelets. 8 – 3in ribbon cuts/bracelet)
$0.88 per bracelet
1. cut a long piece of floss. thread the needle.
2. insert the threaded needle into the heart at the widest part of the candy. these candies are firm and it takes some effort to push the needle completely through the hearts. push the needle down on the table to fully insert it through the candy. continue to pull the needle completely through and push the candy further down the floss. don’t worry about the floss and needle getting sticky. it’s all part of the fun.
3. repeat the above step until there are enough hearts threaded for the desired length. be certain that the bracelet will be able to fit over the hand once tied. girls 5-7years old needed 8 hearts on each of their bracelets.
4. tie the two ends of floss together to make a bracelet. trim the ends.
5. tie short pieces of ribbon in between the hearts.
each girl was encouraged to wear their bracelets often.
*they were instructed to complete an act to show their Love of God, before eating a candy (and checking with mom).
By charity, we love God above all things and our neighbor as ourselves for love of God. Charity, the form of all the virtues, "binds everything together in perfect harmony" (Col 3:14). ~ CCC 1844