In case you didn’t know, Blogger is making some adjustments. They recently were down and many bloggers lost some posts.
It was a good reminder to me that I need to do a better job saving my blog. I would be crushed if I lost my blog entries since this has turned into a family scrapbook.
Here are the steps to saving your Blogger blog. It only takes a sec.
Back Up Your Template
- select Design tab
- select sub-tab, Edit HTML
- select Download Full Template
this will only back up your template (what your blog looks like). you will need to complete the steps listed below to backup your posts.
Back Up Your POSTS
- Log-in to your blog
- select Settings tab and the sub tab, Basic
- select Export Blog
- select Download Blog. specify your desired location.
this will back up your blog onto your computer. it’s good to complete this process on a semi-regular basis to ensure that you don’t lose all of your memorable entries, in the event that Blogger has a mishap. this does not download the images, but the links in the posts are still there.
Back Up Your POSTS v2
this is another option to back up your posts. follow your blog/sign up to receive your blog posts via email. save the emails/posts to your hard drive.
- adding your blog to your Google reader
- use this step if you do not have an email subscription widget and you want to get your posts emailed to you.
BACK IT UP!