We kicked off a new year of Little Flowers on the First Saturday. We now have 35 Little Flowers! Praise God!
We are on Wreath III and I decided to focus on Mary, Mother of God and Cheerfulness for the first meeting. We had a Marian Birthday Party.
The girls were delighted to come together for such a glorious celebration shared with Mass and friends.
Marian Birthday Menu: inspiration was found at Catholic Cuisine
- Bake Blueberry French Toast
- Cream cheese Lily Rolls
- Marian Snack Mix
- Mary’s Prayer - Blue Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- Dried Blueberries
- Mary Cookies
- Cheer Sticks - Veggie Straws
- Blue Drinks
I invited the girls to share what they knew about the Blessed Virgin. We honed in on her cheerfulness in all situations.
We spoke of times when the girls have been cheerful and times when their cheerfulness was lacking. Then we identified what a non-cheerful “Yes” sounds like vs. a cheerful “Yes.” The girls enjoyed proclaiming a “Yes” like Mary.
The girls also generated a list of words or phrases that could be said to cheer someone else up.
- Cheer up!
- Be happy!
- I Love You!
- Be Joyful!
- Jesus Loves You!
The talk on cheerfulness led us to our crafts. The girls created Cheer Cards, cards that they could give to someone else in need of a smile.
We closed the meeting with the Rosary. Unfortunately, we were a bit short on time and could only pray an Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be. We prayed for an increase in cheerfulness and and the intentions of the Blessed Mother.
The girls brought up their flower for Mary and ate a Hail Mary cupcake.
May we be cheerful like Our Blessed Mother.
Mary, Mother of God
Handouts: (in order)
- Cheerfulness Divider Sheet
- Cheerfulness Activity Sheet
- Mary, Mother of God Coloring Page – Waltzing Matilda
- Mary, Mother of God Bio for Kids – Holy Spirit Interactive
- Cheerfulness Memory Verse
- Mary Mother of God & Cheerfulness Info – Shower of Roses
- Mystery of the Mother of God – AudioSancto
- Meditation on the Birthday of the Blessed Virgin Mary – Dayton
- Marian Prayers – EWTN
- Little Crown of the Blessed Virgin Mary – Fish Eaters
- The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary - WFF
- Marian Meditations & Reflections – Dayton
- Marian Dishes & Treats – Catholic Cuisine
- Food for Marian Feast Days – Catholic Icing
- Mary Art Project – Catholic Icing
Mater Dei, ora pro nobis.