…Our Heavenly Father!
Dad celebrated a birthday on Nov. 18 - Dedication of the Basilicas of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul.
We celebrated Dad’s birthday by fulfilling his simple requests. This included a deviation from our normal diet to accommodate his cake request--Tiramisu Cake. It was delish!
He was showered with gifts from our GFG. They gave him slippers, shirt and tie, suit, iPhone accessory, money, and plenty of drawings. Rose also gave Dad, my favorite gift, a weekend of babysitting for the Little’s so that Dad and I could take an overnight trip.
In addition to celebrating Dad and gift giving, I love reflecting on they ways that Dad blesses me.
I am blessed to…
- grow in faith with you.
- have you by my side for constant encouragement and a good laugh.
- receive your unconditional love.
- watch you shower our GFG with love and affection.
- be led by your humble headship of our family.
- have my needs met by you on a regular basis.
- serve you.
- grow old with you.
- hear from you on a regular basis via phone/text while you're out.
- have you include me in all of your experiences.
- witness your ever growing devotion to all that is good and pleasing to Our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- reach a higher level of intimacy with you, year after year.
- share everything with you.
- be called your wife!
May the Good Lord continue to lead us closer together so that we can truly become one and give Him glory.