***Updated Post from 2010***
O God, You have placed us under the special patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and through her You have favored us with endless blessings. May we, who joyfully honor her this day on earth, enjoy her company forever in heaven. Through Our Lord . . .
~Collect for the Day
~ Blessed Virgin Mary to Juan Diego
Here are some wonderful resources that we have used to further grow in our devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe.
RESOURCES FOR CHILDREN:
- Saint Juan Diego Guild for Children - To encourage and assist children in imitating the positive virtues of (Saint) Juan Diego.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Bio for Kids – Holy Spirit Interactive
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Art/Coloring Page – beautiful, unique art of OLOG with quote, “non fecit taliter omni nationi” - “He Has Not Done So With Any Other Nation” by Matthew Alderman
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Coloring Page – full image with title from Loyola Press
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Coloring Page – bust
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Coloring Page – full image with key to the symbols and colors from Papi Dali
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Coloring page – Waltzing Matilda
- How to Draw OLOG – Catholic Heritage
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Tea - Shower of Roses
- OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE: HISTORICAL SOURCES - L’Osservatore Romano, EWTN
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Story- Called Nican Mopohua because of the exact chronological order in which it relates the various phases of the apparitions, this account is also the first and oldest written source on Guadalupe. It is considered a masterpiece of Nahuatl literature and was written by Don Antonio Valeriano.
- OLOG Greeting E-card
- OLOG Museum Exhibit - KoC
- Basilica of Guadalupe
- Our Lady of Guadalupe – refrain: Our Lady of Guadalupe your beauty and your grace are the bright new dawn. Our Lady of Guadalupe pray for us. So tenderlly you hold us in your arms. O Rose of heaven bloom within our hearts. Our Lady of Guadalupe pray for us.
- Sung by Molly Chesna
- LA GUADALUPANA – mariachi sound with kids singing
- OLOG Sermon – Audio Sancto
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary Video – FSSP Vocation Part 2 Part 3
- Memorare OLOG Printable Prayer Card – Holy Reflections
- OLOG Printable Prayer Card – front
- OLOG Printable Prayer Card – back
- Dedication of a Child to Our Lady of Guadalupe
- OLOG Novena
- OLOG Pro Life Prayer
1525 — The Indian Cuauhtlatoatzin is baptized by a Franciscan priest. He received the Christian name of Juan Diego.
1531 — Year of apparitions to Juan Diego.
1567 — The new church ordered by Archbishop Montúfar is completed.
1666 — A formal inquiry and investigation was conducted by the Church from 18 February to 22 March in order to give authority to the tradition.
1946 — Pope Pius XII declared Our Lady to be the Patroness of the Americas.
1976 — Dedication of the new basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe, located four miles from central Mexico City.
1988 — The liturgical celebration of Our Lady of Guadalupe on 12 December was raised to the status of a solemnity in all dioceses in the United States.
1999 — Pope John Paul II, during his third visit to the sanctuary, declared the date of 12 December as a Liturgical Feast for the whole continent.
Our Lady of Guadalupe, mystical rose, make intercession for Holy Church, protect the Sovereign Pontiff, help all those who invoke thee in their necessities, and since thou art the ever Virgin Mary and Mother of the true God, obtain for us from thy most holy Son the grace of keeping our faith, sweet hope in the midst of the bitterness of life, burning charity and the precious gift of final perseverance. Amen. ~ OLRL
PRAYER TO OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE
O Virgin of Guadalupe,
Mother of the Americas,
grant to our homes the grace of loving
and respecting life in its beginnings,
with the same love with which
you conceived in your womb
the life of the Son of God.
Blessed Virgin Mary,
Mother of Fair Love,
protect our families so that
they may always be united
and bless the upbringing of our children.
Our hope, look upon us with pity,
teach is to go continually to Jesus,
and if we fall
help us to rise again and return to Him
through the confession of our faults
and our sins in the Sacrament of penance,
which gives peace to the soul.
We beg you to grant us a great love
of all the holy Sacraments,
which are, as it were,
the signs that your Son left us on earth.
Thus, Most Holy Mother,
with the peace of God in our consciences,
with our hearts free from evil and hatred,
we will be able to bring to all others
true joy and peace,
which come to us from your Son,
our Lord Jesus Christ,
who with the Father and the Holy Spirit,
lives and reigns for ever and ever.
(Pope John Paul II.)