It’s Day 3 for the Wellness Challenge in my home. The pantry and fridge are in need of a quick purge. I have allowed some items in that don’t belong. I did so out of convenience and celebration of a feast day—what was I thinking? I’m offering it up and moving on!
I will be using this check list below to get my pantry back in order.
- As a general rule, if it comes in a package, box or bag, it counts
- If it contains grains, sugars, chemicals, ingredients you can’t pronounce or has a color that doesn’t exist in nature… it counts
- If feeding it to a small animal could induce a diabetic coma… it counts
- If it says “low-fat” or “Heart healthy whole grains” – it definitely counts
- If it is in a can and has ingredients other than fish (tuna, sardines, etc) or vegetables- it counts
- If it is an oil that comes from a food that does not produce an oil when squeezed (corn, soybean, canola, etc) it counts