St. Scholastica was the twin sister of St. Benedict, the Patriarch of Western monasticism. She was born in Umbria, Italy, about 480. Under Benedict's direction, Scholastica founded a community of nuns near the great Benedictine monastery Monte Cassino. We are told that Scholastica "could be sated or wearied with the words of grace which flowed from St. Benedict's lips." Inspired by Benedict's teaching, his sister devoted her whole life to seeking and serving God. St. Scholastica died in the peace of Christ in the year 547. Tradition holds that at her death her soul ascended to heaven in the form of a dove.
- Saint Tile Craft
- St. Scholastic 2011 – JOYfilledfamily
- St. Scholastic for Kids – Bio and prayers
- St. Scholastica Bio for Kids – Loyola Press
- Holy Twins Study – Mosaic Sample
- St. Benedict Medal Coloring Page – copy, paste and resize image
- St. Scholastica Bio – EWTN
- Letter Attributed to St. Scholastica
- THE ABBEY OF MONTECASSINO – Museum
- Litany of St. Scholastica
O God, to show us where innocence leads, you made the soul of your virgin Saint Scholastica soar to heaven like a dove in flight. Grant through her merits and her prayers that we may so live in innocence as to attain to joys everlasting. This we ask through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, forever and ever. Amen.