My MarchBaby

IMG_1464

My MarchBaby and I went to view OctoberBaby for our birthday retreat date night.  We invited friends, another mother and her two teen daughters.  Dad and I usually do not permit any social dates during Lent but we thought that this occasion and cause warranted an exception.

I opted for this simplified birthday retreat as soon as March rolled in.  The budget was already stretched and a heavy heart was made.

It was much more than just a retreat.  It was an almsgiving of sorts.  Dad and I knew that we would eventually watch OctoberBaby but we wanted to make a difference.  We wanted to send a message to the entertainment industry that there are people out there who want wholesome movies and are willing to support a prolife message.

October Baby jumped into the overall top 10 despite its screen count, taking in $1,718,427….The film's total is actually now $1,917,869… -IndieWire.com

OctoberBaby is a powerful movie that hit me on many levels.  It had a similar impact on Rose and her girlfriends.  I encourage all teens, parents, youth ministers,…all prolifers to take the time and money to view this movie. 

everylife is beautiful

4 comments:

  1. Hope to see it soon! You look great Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved it! Rod and I saw it yesterday and hoping to get our teens to see it soon:) Happy, joyful, wonderful, blessed birthday to both you and your precious March baby! Shouting out a BIG "Ave Maria" for this most special day in Salvation History!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to see this movie! Hopefully I will have time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree- wonderful movie. Happy Birthday to your daughter- whenever I see a picture of her I think of how I want my eldest daughter to be like that as a teen! She is so lovely! I'm praying for you as you heal. God bless you!!!
    -Faith

    ReplyDelete

+AJPM+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...