My energy continues to wax and wane but I find that it is time to recommit to exercise. I have slowly started to reintroduce myself to some heavy lifting. I have even attempted some metabolic conditioning (metcons).
My goal is to keep my eyes on Him while I seek a level of fitness that fits within my state in life and will lead me to optimal health.
I recently came across an inspirational list, the Fit Female Credo by Rachel Cosgrove .
I decided not to tweak the “Credo” that Rachel listed. It’s too early in the game for that. I did, however, add my emphasize (in italicizes). I hope to make a printable version for my garage gym. I need the reminder.
First and foremost, I will keep my eyes on Him!
1. Act as if you are a fit female.
2. Get out of your comfort Zone.
3. Fuel your body to be fabulous!
4. Train hard or go home.
5. Get hooked on feeling fit, not a number on the scale.
6. Be an early riser.
7. Make rest and relaxation a priority.
8. Obstacles will arise – anticipate them!
9. Keep a journal or blog.
10. Eliminate the negative people and surround yourself with positive people.
11. Think about your thoughts.
12. Manage your stress.
14. Put an end to body bashing and instead celebrate your strengths.
15. Don’t rely on will power. Have strategies.
16. Stop rationalizing and making excuses.