Labor Playlist

Blessing Near the Time of Birth

Prayer to be prayed by the Mother giving Birth:

Lord God, You made us out of nothing and redeemed us by the Precious Blood of Your only Son. Preserve the work of Your Hands, and defend both me and the tender fruit of my womb from all perils and evils. I beg of You, for myself, Your grace, protection, and a happy delivery. Sanctify my childLabor - pray - crucifix JOYfilledfamily, and make this child Yours forever. Grant this through Christ Our Lord. Amen. 

~~~

I need to be drawn closer to Our Lord when I enter into my agony – labor.  He is the source of my strength.  With His grace, meditating on His Passion brings me the necessary peace, strength, and perseverance needed to embrace my very long back labors.  My last labor was 36 hours.  I could not do it without HIM! 

Gregorian Chant is my music of preference for all times, including my labors.  It has a way of relaxing me and helping me set all my senses on Him. 

I include almost any chant I can get my hands on but especially that which is used during the Lenten and other penitential seasons. 

This year I will be having a few other options available.  My latest addition is Danielle Rose’s new CD, Culture of Life

At the age of 17, Danielle Rose traveled to Delhi, India to volunteer with Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity. This experience gave her a desire to serve the poorest of the poor by offering her gift of music as a means of alleviating the spiritual poverty of America.

I enjoy Danielle’s music.  My top three songs from her newest CD are:Culture-of-Life-cover-

  1. A Mother's Communion - On the Eucharistic & sacrificial nature of motherhood. (Luke 22:19-20; Song of Songs 5:1; Isaiah 55:1; Matthew 8:8; John 15:13)
  2. Sharing Calvary - On the meaning and value of redemptive suffering. (Luke 9:23, 23:32-43; Colossians 1:24; 1 Peter 4:13)
  3. The Saint That Is Just Me - On the universal call to holiness, and the hopeful invitation that God has created each one of us to become a saint according to His will. (Ephesians 1:18-23, 3:14-21; 4:1-16; 6:10-17; Romans 1:7; Phil 3:14; 2 Cor 11:27; Matt 10:8, 25:1-13; John 19:33)

Here is a list of my all-time favorite Danielle Rose songs (in no particular order):

  • Holy FamilyLyrics - Matthew 18:20 (Although it is a blessing to go around the world to serve those who are in need, Mother Teresa often reminded us that it is more important to love and serve those right next to us, especially our family.)
  • Pursue MeLyrics - (John 15:16)
  • Agony in the GardenLyrics - The 1st Sorrowful Mystery: Agony in the Garden Based on Matthew 26:36-46, Mark 14:32-42, Luke 22:39-46 From the perspective of Jesus 
  • Mary’s Heart - Lyrics Luke 3:51 (This song is a prayer written by Mother Teresa. It is prayed by the Missionaries of Charity to prepare their hearts to receive Jesus in the poorest of the poor.)
  • A Mother’s Song - Lyrics - The 5th Sorrowful Mystery: The Crucifixion
    Based on John 19:25-27 From the perspective of Mary, Our Lady of Sorrows
  • Crown of ThornsLyrics - The 3rd Sorrowful Mystery: Jesus is Crowned with Thorns
    Based on Matthew 27:27-31, Mark 15:16-20, Luke 23:11 From the perspective of The Rose

I pray that I may truly surrender to Him, unite my suffering with Him, offer prayers of praise & thanksgiving for the gift of life that I am blessed to bear, and glorify Him with my labor. 

+AJPM+

~~~

“I beg you to make use of the cross that has become part of each one of you for salvation. I pray for you to have light and spiritual strength in your suffering, that you may not lose courage but may discover for yourselves the meaning of suffering and may be able to relieve others by prayer and sacrifice... Even pain and suffering have meaning and value when they are experienced in close connection with love given and received.” ~Blessed John Paul II

~~~

This this post is included in my pregnancy reflections. You can find the other posts of my 31 Days here.

8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I had one song I played over and over during our last birth...I think for like seven hours straight it was on! And what an awesome prayer. May God bless your labor and birth abundantly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful. you're so united to Christ, Lena. I am praying you have a healthy happy baby !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about you and your labor today. Our prayers are lifted on high as you offer up your agony...so beautifully said. Thank you for sharing your resources. I'm headed to check out these chants. Praying it will be soon and very soon that you are holding your new blessing in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle Rose was my very first Christian CD I bought after by conversion - I need to get this new one. Sounds beautiful. May the good Lord grant you grace and strength during this labor...
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a GREAT music selection!! I had 3 c-sections and during #2 the Dr asked if she could play her CD during it . . . MISTAKE! She played KT Tunstall . . . while the music was not bad, to this day I cannot think of Caleb's birth without starting to sing one of those songs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful selection! Prayers for a healthy deliver and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lena, I don't know you -- but I've been blessed to read your family's journey in faith. And you remain in my prayers as you prepare for your labor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! You are super woman!! I had mine with pain meds, but they were fast deliveries (under 6hrs). I don't think I could have the preservance to make it longer than that. You are a strong woman. I'll pray it goes easily and smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

+AJPM+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/ Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...